To show you that things are getting done and I'm not sitting around eating hot pockets and playing with SketchUp - well not JUST doing that anyway - below are some pictures of my completed English layout Square.
If you read back to my previous post about the class I took with Schwarz, you will see that I still had some work to do after the class. Here is where I stopped:
|Almost ready to attach the cross brace, and lots of curves need to be smoothed out.|
Here is another shot showing the progress I made on getting the curved details completed. I don't have a large selection of rasps, so I had to make do with some small chisels and a dowel with some sandpaper rolled around it. The end result turned out pretty good, I think.
|Working on the curvy bits|
|First one edge, then the other. It's easy to adjust one edge at a time and get very accurate results.|
Here is the final product after a couple coats of danish oil. I've got it hanging up on one of my cabinets, and I kind of like that it looks like a big "A" for Aaron.
|"A" is for Aaron, Aardvark, and Apple Pie.|